Jewelry Craftsmanship At Its Finest: Anabela Chan’s ‘Fantasy Jewels’ Collection
Anabela Chan, a star of contemporary jewelry and artist, finds her inspiration from nature and from travels to exotic countries and to the orient. Originally trained as an architect, Anabela creates unique jewels using gems and treasures collected along her journeys from local markets and nature.
Chan works are characterized by her obsession to detail and perfection and the love for gemstones, a combination which brought her several prestigious awards and international recognition.
Describing her vision about the jewelry creative process, she said: ’ I believe in fairytales and I think the most beautiful things should last forever. I want to create magical, fun and fabulous jewels that tell stories. I use the finest craftsmanship in haute joaillerie to design fantasy jewels that are accessible – using a combination of precious, semi-precious and lab-grown stones that are optically and chemically the same as natural stones. It is about offering inspiring, beautifully-crafted jewellery with longevity, works of art that can be worn frivolously, yet loved and treasured forever.’
The ‘Fantasy Jewels’ Collection perfectly illustrates Chan’s artistic conception: the magic of haute jewelry, the finest craftsmanship and design, the alchemy of natural, precious and man-made materials.
Check out the gallery below.
1. Beetle Ring – 18ct gold and sterling silver, with a hand-set solitaire lab-grown citrine and 56 pave-set amethysts, pink sapphires and garnets.
2. Feather Ring – 18ct yellow gold and silver, with a hand-set solitaire lab-grown pink tourmarine, and 116 pave-set pink sapphires and diamonds.
3. Blueberry Ring – 18ct yellow gold and silver, with a hand-set solitaire lab-grown vivid blue sapphire and 158 pave-set amethysts, sapphires, diamonds and garnets.
4. Serpent & Vine Ring – 18ct yellow gold and silver, with a hand-set solitaire lab-grown topaz and 160 pave-set amethysts, diamonds and garnets.
5. Vine Ring – 18ct yellow gold and silver, with a hand-set solitaire lab-grown citrine and 106 pave-set amethysts, sapphires, diamonds and garnets.
6. Tangerine Ring – 18ct yellow gold and silver, with a hand-set solitaire lab-grown orange topaz and 110 pave-set sapphires, diamonsd and garnets.
7. mine-Rose Ring – 18ct yellow gold and silver cocktail ring, with red and pink coral and 42 hand-pave set lab-grown white diamonds, emeralds and garnets.
8. Rose Monkey Ring – 18ct black gold plated monkey, pink coral and 134 hand-pave set lab-grown white and champagne diamonds.
9. Bumble Blossom Ring – 18ct yellow gold and silver, hand-painted enamel, resin ivory, coral and 90 hand-pave set lab-grown white diamonds.
10. Swallow Ring – 18ct white gold and silver, mother of pearl, hand-painted enamel, and 48 hand pave-set lab-grown white, pink and yellow diamonds.
source & photo credit : Anabela Chan